[Www-newswire] Re: Protocols of the Elders of Zion on Indymedia website

jonathan lawson jl at u.washington.edu
Tue, 28 May 2002 14:30:25 -0700

Dear Arieh,

thank you for contacting us. I am forwarding your request to the global IMC
volunteers who are responsible for monitoring the www.indymedia.org newswire.

As you may know, all Indymedia sites use a system of "open publishing,"
meaning that any individual is free to post to the site without being
subject to prior editorial controls. This innovation has been crucial to
our organization's many successes in covering important news around the world.

On the other hand, it is a policy which lends itself to abuse, and each IMC
including www.indymedia.org has an editorial policy allowing for the
removal of certain kinds of posts. Indeed, removing repugnant, anti-semitic
posts from our site can often be a full-time job for IMC volunteers at many
sites, including posts referring to the "learned elders of Zion."

Thank you again for bringing this to our attention. While I personally work
on the seattle.indymedia site, not the www.indymedia site, I will be
pleased to answer any further questions you have.

Jonathan